COVID-19 Post-Exposure Research Opportunity for Individuals in the San Diego and Bay Area:
Carbon Health believes strongly in making world class healthcare accessible to all and that includes advancing the field of medicine while providing access to the most cutting-edge diagnostics and therapies. Carbon has the unique privilege of participating in a global Phase III clinical trial by Merck to evaluate a new investigational COVID-19 antiviral pill that may prevent infection in those living with individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19. It is a blinded and randomized placebo controlled study so you do not know whether you will receive the actual drug or a placebo pill. However, the good news is that regardless of which arm of the study you fall in, you will have the added benefit of continuous monitoring and regular clinical visits. There is time and effort compensation for everyone’s involvement in the study.
You must meet all the following criteria to be eligible:
- Live in the San Diego or Bay Area and/or be willing to drive there for visits • Must be 18 years of age or older
- You live with someone who is symptomatic with COVID-19 and you plan on residing with that person for the duration of the study.
- You currently do not have confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
- You DO NOT have a prior history of documented COVID-19 infection
- You did NOT receive a COVID-19 vaccine (exception would be if the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine was within the last 7 days).
- You DO NOT have more than 1 individual currently or within the last month, living in the household with confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
- You DO NOT live in a household of more than 10 people.
If you are interested in learning more about this research opportunity, please contact us immediately by emailing or calling us at the locations below and a team member will reach out to you to provide more information.
Wishing you good health and your household member a very speedy recovery, The Carbon Clinical Research Team